We have veggie dish with our lunch and dinner now ever since Fiorina started on table food (which was 5 months ago already!). She loves veggie so much that I told my hubby I didn’t want to miss a day without veggie because I was afraid she might change her mind later on. I know lots of parents are trying super hard to get their kids to eat veggies.
Stir-fried green beans with chili was something that I whipped up without any real recipe, but turn out pretty good. Of course, Fiorina doesn’t eat the chili, but I was surprised she can handle a little hint of spiciness.
This is my personal easy comfort fix that I like to go with a bowl of rice and other meat dishes.
- 1 lb green beans
- 4 shallots (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 10-15 red bird's eye chili (seeded and cut into strips) - you can opt out if you don't want any chili
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Blanch the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes (I blanched a little longer as my toddler is also eating this). Drain and soak in ice cold water, drain off and set aside
- Preheat a wok/pan and add the olive oil. Saute the shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add in the red chili strips (if using) and continue to saute for another minute
- Add in the blanched green beans and continue to stir fry for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and stir fry to mix and turn off the heat. Serve immediately