This stir-fry chicken with ginger was created with few things mind; color, flavor and ease of preparation.
I do realize that not everyone like to spend much time at the kitchen preparing dishes. Some days you will find me wanting to make everything from scratch, challenging myself.
But there are also days I just want in and out of the kitchen in no time. I also realize that more and more people are actually switching towards trying to prepare meals at home and when they do, they want simple and delicious meal.
This stir-fry chicken with ginger also include vegetables like carrots and green beans to create that color and to give you a balance meal.
Ginger and hoisin sauce are also two ingredients that are very common these days in North America. I would say hoisin sauce is more common here in the U.S. than in Southeast Asia countries. Maybe because it is kinda sweet and suit the Americans palates 🙂 Regardless, this dish is very easy to prepare and goes well with steamed rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (use breasts if you prefer)
- 1- inch of fresh ginger root (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 stalks of spring onions (finely chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (julienned)
- 4 oz green beans (top and tail the beans and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp vegetable/peanut oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Slice the chicken into 1/4-inch thick long slices. In a large bowl, mix the marinade ingredients and place the chicken in and mix everything to make sure the chicken pieces are coated with the marinades. Cover with plastic wrap and place this into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Prepare a small pot of boiling water and blanch the green beans briefly and then run with cold water and place aside
- Heat the oil in the wok. Add in the ginger, followed by the onions. Saute until it is really fragrant, about 1 minute. Tip in the carrots and green beans and stir-fry for another 3 minutes or until vegetables are soft but still a bit crunchy. Dish out from the wok onto a plate and set aside
- Reheat the wok back up again. Add the chicken into the wok and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes. Tip the vegetables back into the wok. Stir to mix everything. Add in the hoisin sauce, and pinch of salt and stir-fry until the chicken pieces are cooked through. Have a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve immediately with steamed rice