Soft Chewy Matcha Oatmeal Chocolate Chunks Cookies (Simply The BEST!)
Servings: 38 -40 small cookies
If you like soft and chewy oatmeal cookies, you will absolutely want to make this matcha oatmeal chocolate chunks cookies. They are as good as it sounds!!
- 3/4 cups solid butter 170 gr, see notes 2
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (packed) 140 gr
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar 55 gr, see notes 1
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg 50-55 gr, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats 235 gr
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips or both 210 gr
For dotting the cookies:
- 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks 85 gr, you can definitely add more if you want more chocolate chunks
Fold in the dry mixture to the wet mixture:
Stir in about 1/3 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then combine and then another 1/3 and so on
Stir until combined. Take care not to over stir too much
Fold in the oats
Gently stir to combine the oats into the cookie batter
Add chocolate chunks and/or chips
Gently stir to just combine
Shape the cookies:
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I use a small cookie scoop to do the job. You can just pinch off the dough and roll into a dough ball. You can make the cookies larger too if you like
Scoop the cookie dough and place on baking sheet about 1 1/2-2 inches apart
Then slightly flattened the cookie doughs with your palm. Chill the cookie dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour
Bake the cookies:
Preheat oven at 350 F. Place the baking sheet 3rd rack from the top and bake for 12 minutes
Remove from the oven and dot with more chocolate chunks when they are hot.
Transfer to a cooling rack to let them cool down completely
- I don't like my cookies to be too sweet (must be the Asian in me!), but you can definitely increase the amount of sugar up to 1/2 cups (110 gr) if you like sweets.
- The recipe calls for 3/4 cup (170 grams) solid butter, which is equivalent to about 185 grams (6.5 oz) of melted butter. So you can simply use 185 grams of healthier cooking oil like avocado oil, grapeseeds oil, olive oil or cooking oil of your choice.