I love making stir-fried veggies. My kids like them too. This easy stir-fried snap peas is one of their favorites too. Asian likes to stir-fry their veggies with oyster sauce in most cases (not all!). Nowadays, we have more choices when it comes to oyster sauce. I remember few years ago before gluten-free was popular, there was only one choice for oyster sauce. Now, big companies who produce Asian sauces like kikkoman, lee kum kee, are following demands and making oyster sauce without gluten and no MSG added. Try this easy stir-fried snap peas and you and your family might enjoy it. It’s a no fuss recipe too!
Please weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.
- 1 lb of snap peas - trim off both ends with kitchen shears
- 2 Tbsp of cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic - peeled and finely minced
- 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce - opt for gluten-free one if you need to
- Salt to taste if needed
- White sesame seeds - optional
- Preheat a wok or skillet on high heat. Add in the cooking oil and swirl to coat the wok or skillet. Add in garlic and stir fry for about 5 seconds and then tip in the trimmed snap peas and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in about 1 Tbsp of water and the wok or skillet will start to sizzle. Cover the wok or skillet with a lid and let it steam for about 5 minutes. Uncover and the peas should be somewhat soft but not mushy, it should still have a bit of crunch. Add in the oyster sauce and stir to mix everything. Have a taste and adjust with some salt if needed. Otherwise, move to serving platter and sprinkle with some sesame seeds if you want to