It’s good to get things straight. So here are the official giveaway rules :
1. Eligibility: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.Giveaways are open to participants with U.S. shipping address; which includes fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia. Unless otherwise stated in the individual giveaway. Participants need to be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry.
If participant reside outside of the U.S. and would like to enter the giveaway, they can do so by providing a U.S. shipping address. In the event if participant wins and unable to provide a U.S. shipping address, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be randomly drawn.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of What To Cook Today, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Giveaways is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. How to Enter: The Giveaways must be entered by the methods described in the giveaway. The entry must fulfill all requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of What To Cook Today. Only one entry per person, per e-mail address, per household for the duration of the giveaway. Entries received from any person, e-mail address, or household in excess of the stated limitation will be void.
4. Prizes: Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted.
5. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Giveaways will be selected in a random drawing using RandomPicker. Winners will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Giveaways with within three (3) days following the winner selection. What To Cook Today shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in Giveaways is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAYS AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that What To Cook Today, anyone acting on behalf of What To Cook Today, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name or statements about the Giveaways without any further compensation.
7. Terms: What To Cook Today reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaways should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaways. In such case, What To Cook Today may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by What To Cook Today. What To Cook Today reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
What To Cook Today has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaways, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaways may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, What To Cook Today reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless What To Cook Today and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaways and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
9. Disputes: GIVEAWAYS ARE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Giveaways, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Giveaways, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.