This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PickedAtPeak #CollectiveBias
I have so much to look forward to in the Summer. The announcement of the farmer’s market has started is one of them and it just make me delighted. Something about people selling fresh food and the smell of food cooking at the farmer’s market are just warming this heart. Not to mention that I’m actually supporting the local farmers by purchasing from them is just so great. Ever since we started a family of our own, I’ve been focusing a lot on fresh natural ingredients. I feel that they make a huge different. When I saw this Prego® Farmers’ Market sauces, I was really excited to try it out. I love the fact that they are made with fresh ingredients like the ones you would see at the farmer’s market, vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and basil. They are picked at the peaked of freshness. These Prego® Farmers’ Market sauces actually have great flavors and taste like you make them from scratch. I picked up the classic marinara and roasted garlic sauces.
My family enjoys Italian dishes and I couldn’t be more excited to prepare this penne with fennel and crab ragu using Prego® Farmers’ Market Roasted Garlic. I always incorporate fresh ingredients into our meal. In this case, the fennel bulbs. It has that aniseed flavor that I think just pair perfectly with seafood. The fronds are great for garnishing and can be eaten too.
- 1 lb of penne
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large fennel bulb or 2 small ones
- 1 jar of Prego® Farmers' Market Roasted Garlic 1 lb 7.5 oz
- 10 oz of lump crab meat
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Italian cheese optional
- Red chili flakes optional
- Cook the pasta according to direction on the package. Don't overcook the pasta. Reserve about 1 cup of the cooking water and drain the rest
- Preheat a large skillet with cooking oil. Trim the upper part of the fennel and so you are left with the bulb. Finely chopped them. Reserve the fronds for garnishing later. Add in the chopped fennel into the oil and saute until they are soft, about 10 minutes. Add in the roasted garlic sauce and bring to a gentle boil. Add in the cooked penne and crab meat. Stir to mix everything. Add in some reserved cooking water to loosen the sauce a little bit if it's too thick. Season with salt and pepper to your taste
- Garnish with some fennel fronds, grated cheese and red chili flakes if you like. Serve immediately
The Prego® Farmers’ Market Sauces are new products at Walmart. They are available at the Soup & Pasta aisle.
Now what can be better than fixing this incredible penne with fennel and crab ragu using Prego® Farmers’ Market Roasted Garlic that will remind you of the fresh ingredients you’ll see at the farmer’s market ? Well, maybe eating it is even better 😉