This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GranolaMyWay #CollectiveBias
My sister and I spent every weekend at Grandma’s house and we just loved her cooking and baking. Plenty of food to entertain us. One particular comfort food that I recalled was the black rice pudding topped with coconut milk sauce. We loved it so much. This rice chia pudding with coconut mango sauce was inspired by that and with mango coming into season now, I thought it couldn’t be more perfect to pair that with the rice pudding.
Creamy rice pudding never fails to satisfy me. I love chia seeds and super grains you can add into our food these days. A little crunch definitely pairs well with the contrasting texture of creamy rice pudding. Take this Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan that I got from Walmart for example. This Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola is made of Whole Grain Oats, Whole Grain Wheat, Flaxseed, Red Quinoa, Sunflower Seeds, Amaranth and Barley. I love snacking on them. My kids love the little blueberries in there too. They are also perfect as topping for this rice chia pudding with mango coconut sauce. It’s like eating dessert, but not overly indulging.
Whether you are looking for comforting breakfast or snacks, this rice chia pudding with mango coconut sauce and super grains topping might be just for you.
Rice chia pudding with coconut mango sauce and super grains topping (4 of 6 oz serving)PIN RECIPE PRINT RECIPE
- 1 cup of medium grain white rice
- 5 1/2 cups of whole milk I recommend nothing below 2%
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Blueberry Pecan Granola
Mango coconut sauce
- 1 large ripe mango pitted and diced
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar more if you like it sweeter
- Place rice, milk,and salt in saucepan. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat to let it gently simmer for the next 20 minutes. Stirring it off and on while cooking to avoid the rice sticking to the bottom of the pan. Stir in the brown sugar and continue cooking at low heat until the rice is slightly thickened and creamy, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool down. Once it cools down completely, stir in the chia seeds
Coconut mango sauce
- While the rice pudding is cooking, place the diced mango, coconut milk, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat to let it simmer for about 15 minutes. Use wooden spoon to gently mash the mango during cooking. Cook until the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let it cool down completely
- You can scoop the cooled down rice pudding into jars and then top with mango coconut sauce and granola or you can do layers (as shown in photos). 1 layer of rice pudding followed by 1 layer of coconut mango sauce. Repeat until you reach the top of the jar. You can serve this immediately. If not, secure the lid of the jar. You can store this in refrigerator and when ready to serve, you can top with Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola and extra coconut mango sauce
The next time you are at Walmart, don’t forget to grab yourself some Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola. You can find them at the cereal aisle.
Nothing made me happier when I sprinkled the Quaker® Real Medleys SuperGrains Granola and drizzled the coconut mango sauce on top of the rice pudding. Nothing…
Well okay, eating it made me happy too!