There is something comforting about warmed noodle dishes when you are dealing with cold weather. It’s one of my favorite dishes for the soul I’d call it 🙂
Chicken itself is pretty economical and I can say pretty abundant and common in most kitchen anywhere in the world.
If you haven’t heard of the term “chicken soup for the soul” , well, you know it now and that’s exactly what I have in mind: winter, chicken, soup, comfort and…LEMON! Who would have thought adding lemon to this noodle dish made such a huge difference. The slight tartness of the soup surprisingly made my mouth watered and I found it very appetizing.
Steaming is also one of my favorite cooking methods. When you steam, you keep the chicken meat plump and succulent.
You can see that with just few ingredients you can whip up this delicious steamed lemon chicken with noodles in no time an be prepared to impress your taste buds 😉
I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.GRAMS TO CUPS CONVERSION (UNSIFTED)
- 1 lb chicken boneless skinless chicken thighs - fee free to use breasts if you prefer
- 8 oz rice vermicelli noodles - soak until soft and cook according to package instruction
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeeze lemon juice
- Small bunch of coriander leaves - roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, stir in all the marinade ingredients in a non-reactive shallow dish. Place the chicken in and let marinade overnight. You may do this in a good quality zip lock bag and place the bag flat in a shallow dish in the refrigerator to let them marinade nicely
- Prepare a steamer if you have one, if you don't have one, use a large pot or wok with a steaming rack. Add enough water in until about 1 inch below the steaming rack. Bring the water to a boil. Using tongs, remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the steaming rack, cover an let it steam for the next 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Keep the marinade
- Turn off the heat, carefully remove the steamed chicken an place on plate. Remove the steaming rack. All the juices should have dropped into the steaming liquid underneath. Add in the marinade juice and 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. Bring to a boil
- Portion the cooked noodles into individual serving bowl. Slice the steamed chicken into 1 - 1 1/2 inch slices and place on top of the noodles. Spoon over the hot lemon broth over the noodle, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve immediately