Naturally sweet and savory sweet potato fritters studded with pieces of onions and scallions. Crispy at the edge and soft in the middle.
We had someone came to clean up our flower bed which literally cluttered with so many perennials. I love perennials because they are really minimal effort plants that will keep coming back each year (BIGGER too!). Rhubarb plant was one of them. It got SOOO big that I had to split them and gave them away and then it came back even bigger! it’s incredible. I was kind of sad to see it go away though. I decided not to keep the rhubarb plants (I know..I know). I was a bit heartbroken, but now the flower bed is neat and there is plenty of space for the plants to grow properly without overcrowding and killing each other!
I had never grown any annual flowers before but this year I decided to get some annual flowers in the pot. I haven’t tried to grow any. I might next year. I love the colors of annual flowers too. I’ve been using them in some of the photos you saw here. They sort of brighten up things a little bit (though I like the moodiness of the overall photo still!)
My father-in-law is visiting us all the way from Indonesia and he is a huge fan of sweet potato and has been eating steamed/roasted sweet potato every day as a snack. Needless to say, we easily go through probably 10 lbs of sweet potatoes every week. One of his favorite sweet potato snacks is this sweet potato scallion fritters.
A 30-second clip of Easy Sweet Potato Scallion Fritters. It's that easy!
Posted by What To Cook Today on Sunday, August 6, 2017
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled and shred
- 1 medium onion peeled and diced
- 5 stalks scallion trim off the roots and chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except for cooking oil. Stir to mix everything. Everything should bind together by the eggs and flour
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet with cooking oil. When the oil is hot enough, lower the heat to medium and drop about 1-2 Tbsp of the sweet potato mixture on the pan and slightly flatten it. Let it cook about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat with the rest
- Serve immediately as is or with your favorite sweet chili sauce or spicy chili sauce like sriracha
I love to have these sweet potato scallion fritters for breakfast with some eggs too.