This post was sponsored by S&W Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Garbanzo Veggie Biryani – This delicious meatless one-pot rice dish is infused with aromatic spices, garbanzo beans, fresh vegetables and a complete meal on its own. Perfect for any day of the week.
I love comforting soups and stews in this cold weather. But let’s be honest for a second here! I’m so ready to move on to Spring! How about you? I’m ready to move on from soups and stews to something light and fulfilling. The snow and wintry weather haven’t shown any signs of slowing down yet, but that doesn’t mean I can’t share with you this delicious one-pot garbanzo veggie biryani. Raise your hands if you like garbanzo beans!!! I LOVE garbanzo beans and so does the rest of the family. In case you are wondering what garbanzo beans, it is basically also known as chickpeas.
I like to make soup and stew with garbanzo beans, but like I said, I’m ready to move on from soup and stew and I gotta share with you this garbanzo veggie biryani instead. I made this using high-quality S&W Garbanzo beans you see below. They come in three varieties: Core, Less Sodium, and Organic. Why S&W beans? They have been in the bean business for 120 years and that’s all they do, beans! So you can be assured that they do it right. I compared S&W garbanzo beans with other brands and I can clearly taste the difference. S&W garbanzo beans definitely taste so much better.
The thought of making biryani might be intimidating at first! I was when I made it for the first time. The long list of spices! But after I made it once last year, biryani has made it into our weekly menu rotation. The spices and ingredients can all be easily found at major grocery stores I promise!
Your house smells divine when you cook biryani! This garbanzo veggie biryani is meatless but it’s a complete meal on its own. That’s one of the reasons why I love cooking with beans. I know I’m getting a good source of protein without having to include meat. Not to mention that they are loaded with fiber too.
To me, the garbanzo beans are the star in this dish and so I make sure to use good quality garbanzo beans from S&W Beans. Trust me, it makes a difference! There is also $1 off any 2 cans of S&W Beans you can take advantage of.
There are great recipe ideas here to inspire your next healthy meals. What would you make with S&W Beans? I would love to hear all the ideas!
Garbanzo Veggie Biryani
- 2 cups white basmati rice
- 1/2 head large cauliflower separate into small to medium florets
- 5 oz green beans cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cans S&W Garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbsp ghee/clarified butter
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 3 1/3 cups water you can use vegetable/chicken broth too
- 1 tsp salt or more to your taste
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- Small bunch of cilantro leaves extra for garnishing
- Rinse the rice to get rid of any impurities and rinse until the water is clear. Make sure to drain off all water
- In a large pot with tight-fitting lid, melt the clarified butter, Add onion and saute until soft. Add ginger and all the spices ingredients and saute until fragrant. Add cauliflower, green beans, garbanzo beans and gently stir to mix
- Sprinkle the rice on top and pour in the liquid and salt. Use the spatula to gently push the rice in to make sure it is covered by liquid. Add the tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves on top. Cover the lid and let it cook for the next 15 minutes. Then wait 10 minutes before uncovering the lid. Fluff the rice with the fork. Garnish with some fresh cilantro leaves. Serve warm