Steamed chicken is one of our favorites. Not only it’s easy, but it’s tasty (regardless of the pale-looking color). It’s my to-go recipe when I need to fix a meal quickly and always popular with out two kids too. The meat is always soft and tender. Our other favorite steamed chicken recipes are here
I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.GRAMS TO CUPS CONVERSION (UNSIFTED)
- 1 whole chicken - about 3 lbs
- 3 cloves of garlic - peeled and finely chopped
- 2- inch of fresh ginger - peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Shao xing wine
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 stalks of scallions - finely chopped
- Pat the chicken dry with absorbent paper towel and place in a large deep-dish suitable for marinating. Mix the rest of the ingredients, except for the scallions in a bowl and then pour it over the chicken and rub the marinade all over the body and also inside the cavity. Cover and let it marinade for about 1 hour, and flip the chicken over halfway of marinating.
- I use a wok to steam the chicken. You can use a wok or large pot to do so. Steam the chicken in high heat for about 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle the chopped scallions over the chicken and steam for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down a little bit before cutting the chicken into serving pieces.