Steamed chicken is one of our favorites. Not only it’s easy, but it’s tasty (regardless of the pale-looking color). It’s my to-go recipe when I need to fix a meal quickly and always popular with out two kids too. The meat is always soft and tender. Our other favorite steamed chicken recipes are here
STEAMED CHICKEN WITH GINGER AND SCALLION (1 whole chicken)
- 1 whole chicken about 3 lbs
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 2- inch of fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of Shao xing wine
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- 2 stalks of scallions finely chopped
- Pat the chicken dry with absorbent paper towel and place in a large deep-dish suitable for marinating. Mix the rest of the ingredients, except for the scallions in a bowl and then pour it over the chicken and rub the marinade all over the body and also inside the cavity. Cover and let it marinade for about 1 hour, and flip the chicken over halfway of marinating.
- I use a wok to steam the chicken. You can use a wok or large pot to do so. Steam the chicken in high heat for about 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle the chopped scallions over the chicken and steam for another 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool down a little bit before cutting the chicken into serving pieces.