This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
Strawberry Chocolate Swiss Roll – Light and airy cake is filled with easy homemade strawberry whipped cream, glazed with chocolate ganache and decorated with M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Valentine’s Day and strawberries. Such a perfect combination of taste and flavor to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Winter in Minnesota means that we get lots of snow and bitter cold temperature most of the time (and how both hubby and I have been dreaming about being in warm places soaking up the sun!). My husband has to travel often for work and things always seem to have a knack for happening when he’s not around. I can’t tell you how many times our neighbor has come to the rescue. There were times when my car got stuck backing out from our driveway because I hadn’t cleared the snow and our neighbor helped to push the car. A huge tree in front of our house broke and collapsed right in front of the main entrance to our house because of the gusting wind and our neighbor helped me to clear some of the branches. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this act of kindness.
Valentine’s day is no longer just to celebrate love with our significant others. I would take this special day to send some sweetness to our neighbor who has shown his kindness unconditionally. Something homemade like this Strawberry Chocolate Swiss Roll will sure sweeten and brighten up one’s day.
These M&M’S® candies are perfect to create this moist and decadent Strawberry Chocolate Swiss Roll.
If you are ready to shop for M&M’S® Candies, just hover over the photo below and you will be able to click through to Walmart.com to purchase them.
The Strawberry Chocolate Swiss Roll is so light and airy, filled with easy strawberry whipped cream, glazed with chocolate ganache and decorated with M&M’S® candies and fresh strawberries. Such a perfect combination of taste and flavor!
When I saw our neighbor cutting through that branches that blocking our entrance in a cold weather, I was almost moved to tears by his kindness. I kept telling my husband that there are definitely still good-hearted people out there! I told my kids this was a perfect example of being kind and we could do the same to help others in need without being asked. Love with your whole heart.
The next time you stop by at Walmart, don’t forget to check out M&M’S® Candies to incorporate into your Valentine’s day celebration. They are located near the endcap of the seasonal aisle.
There is also a coupon of “Save $1 on any two M&M’S® or DOVE® bags” you can find on the products in the store from 1/1/18 – 2/15/18.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s ? or make gifts or treats for your loved ones or to show appreciation to others? I would love to hear all about it!!!
Strawberry Chocolate Swiss Roll
FOR SWISS ROLL:
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 4 of large Eggs
- ½ cup of sugar
- 4 Tbsp of butter melted
- Butter for greasing the baking sheet
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup of heavy Cream
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 5 oz of fresh strawberries finely chopped
- 4 oz of Bittersweet Chocolate Chips Or Chopped Chocolate
- ½ cup of heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp of milk
- ¼ cup M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Valentine’s Day edition
- 2 large fresh strawberries
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- To make the filling, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and strawberries in a large bowl, and whip with a mixer to stiff peaks, about 5 minutes on medium speed. Cover and chill in the refrigerator. Can be prepared one day ahead
MAKING THE SWISS ROLL:
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Place a piece of parchment paper on a 17x12 sheet pan, and rub butter on it to grease
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, and cocoa powder and set aside. In another mixing bowl, crack in eggs and sugar Beat them with a mixer (I used stand mixer) on medium speed for 2 minutes then switch to high speed on 3 minutes or until the color turns pale, light, and airy and reach a ribbon stage. That means when you drag and drizzle a spoonful of the liquid, it will maintain its shape for a good 5–10 seconds before settling back into the liquid. Mix in the melted butter
- Add the flour mixture into the egg by gently folding them in with a spatula. Spread the batter on the sheet pan. Bake the cake for 5–6 minutes, until springy to the touch.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and sprinkle lightly with some powdered sugar. Flip the cake onto the parchment, then gently peel the parchment paper from the cake. Gently roll the cake up into a log while it’s still warm
- Let it cool down completely before spreading the filling. Unroll the cake and spread the cream all over, leave a 1-inch border around all edges. Roll the cake up gently (leaving the parchment paper behind)
- Cut off both ends of the swiss roll (you can eat them). Place on wire rack
MAKING THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- Fill up a saucepan with some water, bring to a boil Place the bittersweet chocolate on a heat-proof bowl (large enough to sit on top of the saucepan) and set on top of a saucepan without touching the water. Once the water comes to boil, lower the heat and let the chocolate melts. Give it a stir every now and then
ASSEMBLING THE CAKE:
- Cut the leaves off the strawberries and then thinly sliced the strawberries. Set aside. Pour the chocolate ganache over the cake. Top with slices of strawberries that resembles hearts and decorate the cake with pieces of M&M’S® Candies. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set
I tried making the cake but it didn’t turn out right. It won’t rise. should i add baking powder?
Hi Grace, sorry to hear of the trouble. Did you manage to whip the eggs until they are pale, light, and airy? You shouldn’t need any baking powder.
I tried to make this, something about the recipe is not right. The cake part tastes like sweetend, baked scrambled eggs 😝. Wondering if it was with the eggs? Your recipe says 4 of large eggs. 4 what of eggs? Whites, yolks?? I ended up just doing 4 eggs and I’m guessing that’s not right… This was a total bomb 😔!
Sorry to hear the trouble you had. The recipe calls for 4 large eggs, both white and yolks! Did you beat the eggs until they turned pale and fluffy? It’s very important to beat them until light and fluffy. I have always used this recipe for my Swiss rolls and they always turn out good!
The pictures are amazing. I love the recipe.
It is perfect for February 14th.
Thank you so much
What a beautiful cake roll! Looks so good and perfect for Valentine’s day too!
Yes, all the hearts and pink 🙂
Wow, that roll looks absolutely amazing! 🙂
THank you SO much Laura