If you are looking for a super easy stir-fried noodle recipe to feed your family (or yourself for days), you have to try this delicious spicy tom yum noodle stir-fry. The recipe is very flexible and no fuss.
So this recipe was made up on the spot as I opened up the fridge and saw leftover cooked spaghetti noodles, leftover rotisserie chicken I got from Costco (not sponsored), LOTS of celery stalks and a tub of tom yum paste! You put all of those together and we got ourselves a nice meal actually! It’s one of the easiest things I’ve ever made but the family loves it. It’s kinda spicy, but my 9 and 6 years old can tolerate moderate spicy food now (yess!!!)
WHY YOU’LL LIKE THIS RECIPE
Another reason why I like making stir-fried noodles, pretty much like fried rice, it’s a no-brainer!! It’s my “lazy” meal.
1. EASY of course!
2. DELICIOUS is a must too
3. HIGHLY FLEXIBLE! you can pretty much swap things around over here, meaning you can add whatever you want or take out whatever you don’t like or don’t have in your pantry or fridge.
Are those three enough reasons for you? If so, let’s get cooking shall we?
HOW TO MAKE THIS SUPER EASY SPICY TOM YUM NOODLE STIR-FRY
Preheat wok or skillet over high heat. When it’s hot, add cooking oil. Add the aromatics and stir fry for about 1 minute, If you are using raw meat or seafood instead, add them here and stir fry until they are no longer pink. Add celery stalks or any vegetables you choose to use
Add tom yum paste and stir fry for another 20 seconds
Add chicken broth and seasonings
Bring to a gentle simmer and then add noodles and leftover rotisserie chicken (if using), grape tomatoes and stir and toss to make sure the seasonings coat the noodles evenly. The residual heat will soften the tomatoes. Turn off the heat
Sprinkle the chopped green onion and serve immediately
The variations are not limited to what I listed below. Sky is the limit here!
NOODLES: rice noodle (vermicelli noodles), bean thread noodles (glass noodles), pasta like spaghetti, fettucine, or angel hair
ANIMAL PROTEIN: shrimp, seafood mix, slices of pork, slices of beef
MEATLESS PROTEIN: extra-firm tofu cubes, tempeh cubes
VEGETABLES: shredded carrots, bok choy, broccoli florets
HOW TO KEEP LEFTOVER
Leftover can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days max. Simply reheat in the microwave for few seconds or until heated through. You can also reheat on a pan over medium heat with a bit of oil until heated through.
DID YOU MAKE THIS SUPER EASY SPICY TOM YUM NOODLE STIR-FRY RECIPE?
I love it when you guys snap a photo and tag to show me what you’ve made 🙂 Simply tag me @WhatToCookToday #WhatToCookToday on Instagram and I’ll be sure to stop by and take a peek for real!
Super Easy Spicy Tom Yum Noodle Stir-fry
- 2 lbs cooked noodles about 900 gr, see notes
- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 cup water or use chicken broth if you have any
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 Tbsp tom yum paste or more if you want it spicier
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
Protein choice: (choose any one of the following):
- 8 oz leftover rotisserie chicken meat 270 gr, cut into bite-size pieces or shred the meat
- 10 oz boneless skinless chicken/pork/beef 300 gr, cut into bite-size pieces or thin slices
- 10 oz large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 stalks celery cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 oz tomatoes (any varieties) 270 gr, halved/quartered
- green onion finely chopped
- Preheat wok or skillet over high heat. When it's hot, add cooking oil. Add the aromatics and stir fry for about 1 minute. Add tom yum paste and stir fry for another 20 seconds. If you are using raw meat or seafood instead, add them here and stir fry until they are no longer pink. Add your veggies, in my case, celery pieces. Stir fry for another 20 seconds
- Add noodles followed by chicken broth and seasonings, bring to a gentle simmer. If you are using leftover rotisserie chicken add it here. Add tomatoes and stir and toss to make sure the seasonings coat the noodles evenly. The residual heat will soften the tomatoes. Turn off the heat
- Sprinkle the chopped green onion and serve immediately