I got this baked potatoes with yogurt and sour cream recipe while watching Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa show on Food Network. Not only I’m a chili head, but I’m also a Mrs. Potato head (or perhaps Mrs. Carbohydrates). I love starchy food. It is somehow comforting and yes, baked potatoes never fail to be in that comfort zone.
- 4 Idaho russet baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives plus extra for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Wash the potatoes and place them directly on the oven baking rack. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until very tender when pierced with a skewer.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, sour cream, chives, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and place in a serving bowl. Garnish with extra chives. Chill.
- When the potatoes are done, cut them down the middle and squeeze both ends. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve the hot baked potatoes with the cold chive dressing