I know most people get tired of eating chicken because that’s most common meat people have for meals. Fried chicken, baked chicken, grill chicken, chicken nuggets, chicken tenders, chicken rotisserie, chicken soup, chicken stew, geez…what else ? As much as my daughter enjoys eating pork, I can’t tell her that it’s pork. As long as I tell her it’s chicken, she’ll eat it!!!! She actually prefers pork over chicken, but she still thinks every meat that she eats is chicken. That’s my picky eater!
Back to the easy slow-cooked chicken. Easy because all you need to do is use all the ingredients to marinade the chicken and then place the chicken into a pot with some chicken stock or water and let it slowly cooked until the meat is tender. That’s all the work you have to do! Well, besides mincing the garlic, chopping some spring onions, and peel a bit of ginger. But you have a wonderful tender chicken dish waiting for you after that. So simple and yet VERY flavorful. Using simple herb like cilantro and spices like ginger and turmeric do wonder to this dish. Your chicken dish is never boring again! and let me say again… EASY too!
EASY SLOW-COOKED TURMERIC GINGER CHICKEN
- 1 ½ lbs boneless chicken thighs/breast I prefer thighs as always
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2- inch ginger slice finely minced
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of red cayenne pepper optional
- ¼ cup of chicken stock or water
- Salt to taste
- 2 stalks of spring onion finely chopped
- Small bunch of coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Cut the chicken into large chunk pieces. Add in the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper (if using) and let the chicken marinate for about 30 minutes
- When ready to cook, place a large heavy-bottom pot with tight-fitting lid on stove-top. Place the chicken inside the pot. Add in the chicken stock/water. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat to the lowest and cover the lid. Let it cook for the next 1 to 1 1/2 hour. The meat will be really soft and juicy
- When ready to serve, sprinkle on the spring onion and coriander leaves and get prepared to be impressed! super easy and super flavorful