This recipe came up after scanning through the refrigerator and pantry one afternoon. I wanted something quick, healthy, spicy and delicious (not too much to ask I suppose 😉 ). I wasn’t in the mood for cooking that day (believe it or not!). Saw some leftover brown rice and immediately I thought of chipotle. We like their wraps with brown rice. Though this recipe is not the replica of chipotle, but I was somehow inspired to do something like that. So I did. My daughter LOVES this wrap. My husband said “It’s a keeper”. I personally love it too. The avocado and the sriracha sauce really did it for me. And pan frying it add that light crunch and that’s what my daughter likes about it. I’ve made it several time since then. The nice thing about wrap is, you can sub the ingredients with whatever you have or want and you have a nice fulfilling meal in no time.
There’s still room for improvement on how to drizzle the sauce if you ask me 😉
SPICY RICE, BEANS, AND AVOCADO WRAP (4 wraps)
- 4 100 % large whole-wheat tortilla wraps
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 15 oz canned organic black beans drained the liquid
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels thawed
- 2 avocados cut in half, stoned and slice into 8 slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sriracha chili sauce
- Small bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
- Oil for pan frying
- Place one tortilla wrap on a working surface. Scoop about 1/2 cup of rice on the middle of the wrap, top with 1/2 cup of beans. Place two avocado slices, top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Drizzle some sriracha sauce on it. Place few cilantro leaves on top. Fold the wrap starting from the side near you. Fold the two sides and then roll over. Repeat until you have 4 wraps
- Preheat a medium non-stick skillet until really hot. Add about 1 Tbsp of oil and swirl to coat pan. Place the wrap (seam side down) on top of the pan and lower the heat a bit. Let it cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown then flip to the other side. Repeat with the rest
Sounds really good. Love spicy rice, thanks for posting.