French beans get lots of love here in our house. Or maybe I should say after cooking them this way. My two kiddos never really care much for French beans or green beans. They’ll eat them but not too crazy about them. But everytime I made this roasted French beans, there’s not enough to go around. You can do this with green beans too. My kids like it better with French beans. Maybe because it’s “skinnier” compare to green beans. The French beans are flavorful when you roasted them. Add some soy sauce and sesame seeds and those kick it up a notch !
I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.GRAMS TO CUPS CONVERSION (UNSIFTED)
- 1 lb of fresh French beans - washed and pat dry
- Olive or avocado oil - or cooking oil of your choice
- 1 Tbsp of soy sauce + 1 Tbsp of sesame oil
- 1-2 Tbsp of white sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 375 F
- Place the green beans in a large mixing bowl and Scattered the French beans evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle generously with some cooking oil and give it a toss to make sure they are nicely coated
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or silicon mat (it's up to you). Scattered the green beans as evenly as possible on the baking sheet (take care not to over crowd). Pop into the oven and roast them for the next 20 minutes or until they are soft and lightly browned
- Drizzle the sesame oil mixture on the roasted beans and then sprinkle with sesame seeds and mix to make sure the beans are nicely coated. Transfer to serving platter and serve immediately as a side dish
Here are more green beans recipes I’ve made a while ago.