This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayRITZ #CollectiveBias
They say December is the most wonderful time of the year. I simply just can’t argue with that statement. Despite the fact that I’m not a winter person (Thanks to the long brutal winter here), I love December to the max. Watching the snow falling outside, the delicious soup and stew brewing at the kitchen, cozy slippers, kids to cuddle with, Christmas songs serenading all day and night (a bit extreme I know!) make me feeling so grateful for the warmth and cozy feeling we have inside the house. The closeness this season brings us. Something so magical is in the air too.
The kids had been nagging me to put up Christmas tree this year. We didn’t have any before. I wasn’t sure why. I could only blame it on me trying to adjust to motherhood (but I know that’s not really a valid excuse!!). Nevertheless, it’s up this year. The kids are so excited. Honestly though, I’m probably more excited than they are 🙂 I could just lie down on the couch when no one is around and watch the tree (peacefully) with its sparkling colorful ornaments adorning it.
This is our first Christmas tree since I moved to Minnesota almost 7 years ago. So, it’s kind of a big deal 🙂 December is also the time when most of us will be hosting a party or have family gathering. Inspired by that, I decided to make this brie prosciutto cranberries RITZ Crackers tree. This makes a great appetizer or even center piece on the table. They are super easy to put together. No cooking involved. Enough said I guess!
Here’s a short video to show you how you can easily assemble this brie prosciutto cranberries RITZ Crackers tree.
For baking/ kueh making: I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.GRAMS TO CUPS CONVERSION (UNSIFTED)
- 56 pieces of RITZ Crackers
- 8 oz of Brie cheese - reserved one thick round slice to make the Santa hat
- 5-8 oz of prosciutto slices - cut into half or quarter
- 2-3 oz of dried cranberries
- 1 large fresh strawberry
- Place a thin slice of Brie on RITZ Crackers followed by 2 to 3 pieces of dried cranberries. Top with one small slice of prosciutto. Place another RITZ Crackers to finish making one stack. Repeat for 27 more stacks
- Arrange the stacks (starting from the middle, not mandatory really!) in a circular manner (as shown in the video above). I use a 7-inch round plate as a "guide". You can make the tree bigger or smaller in diameter (it's up to you, you justt need more or less stacks). Work your way to the top until it resembles a tree
- Get one fresh strawberry. Trim off the leaves so you have a flat bottom and place this on a round slice of Brie cheese to resemble a Santa hat. Place this as a tree topper on the very top of the tree. You are done !
That edible Santa hat made of fresh strawberry and slice of Brie is just too cute not to pose with 🙂
Click here for more ideas to use #HolidayRitz