This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Broccoli Shrimp Goji Berry Stir-fry – Broccoli, shrimp, and goji berries are stir-fried and smothered in thick savory gravy to accompany Pot Stickers and Fried Rice from Ling Ling. Delicious Chinese New Year dishes made easy.
Chinese New Year brings so many memories for me as a kid. My siblings and I love Chinese New Year. My mom was often the busiest one in the family. Food to prepare, house to clean and decorate and other details to take care of. Mom used to prepare 10 dishes for the feast on Chinese New Year’s Eve. She literally slaved herself at the kitchen all week long to prepare and churn out all those delicious food. As a kid, we love it because we get to wear new clothes, eat great food, and collect red envelopes (filled with money!) from our parents and other married adults (What not to love right?).
Now that I’m a thousand miles away from my family in Asia, you can imagine how much I’ve been missing all these traditions and the Chinese New Year atmosphere. Now with a family of my own and two kids, we have been celebrating Chinese New Year every year because we want to give the kids the Chinese New Year experience too. Few of the things I usually do to celebrate Chinese New year here are: clean the house, buy new clothes to wear for the first day of Chinese New Year, home-cooked dinner for the Eve’s of Chinese New Year, and hand out red envelopes to our kids. I have to say though, the food is really one of the big parts of celebrating Chinese New Year for us.
Pot Stickers are one of my favorite Chinese New Year dishes. Pot Stickers or what we call Jiao Zi in Chinese represents prosperity because they resemble gold ingots 🙂 The Chinese usually serve food that has good meaning to greet the new year.
These Pot Stickers you see here are from Ling Ling Asian Food. They are so delicious and like the traditional pot stickers, crispy on the bottom!! The pot stickers also come with Ling Ling signature dipping sauce. Simply delish!
Another Entree that I tried from Ling Ling Asian Food is this Fried Rice – Bibimbap Beef. This also received rave reviews from the family.
I made this Broccoli Shrimp Goji Berry Stir-fry to accompany the pot stickers and fried rice. I used shrimp in this recipe because shrimp is another ingredient that is often seen in Chinese New Year dinner’s menu. The shrimp represent happiness and good fortune. Goji Berries give a nice red contrast to the overall dish and the Chinese love red color for Chinese New Year too. So there you have it 😉
Ling Ling Asian Entrees deliver that great authentic taste that will transport you to Asia. Ling Ling has a great collection of recipes from China, Korea, Japan, and Thailand to let you experience the food from those regions.
If you haven’t tried Ling Ling Asian Food before, I highly recommend you to do so. They have a great selection of:
Noodles: Drunken or Yakisoba Noodles
Fried Rice: Yakitori Chicken, Yakiniku Beef, Thai-style Chicken, Chinese-style Vegetable, Bibimbap Beef
Pot Stickers: Chicken & Vegetable Dumplings, Pork & Vegetable Dumplings, Vegetable Dumplings
We were definitely happy campers with the meal we had! It might seem like I did a lot of work in the kitchen making the pot stickers, fried rice, and the broccoli shrimp goji berry stir-fry, but thanks to Ling Ling for making things convenient and yet giving us delicious tasting Asian food!
Broccoli Shrimp Goji Berry Stir-fry
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped/grated
- 1 inch ginger peeled and finely chopped/grated
- 1 lb broccoli florets cut into equal pieces
- 1 small carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 6 oz large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp dried goji berries rinse with clean water
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat a large wok/skillet with lid over high heat. Add cooking oil and swirl to coat the base of the wok/skillet. Add in garlic and stir fry for about 10 seconds. Add broccoli florets, carrots, shrimp, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and stir fry for about 10 seconds. Pour in the chicken stock and add goji berries. Bring it to a boil and then cover the lid to let it steam about 2 minutes. Uncover the lid. The broccoli should be tender, but not mushy and still has that bright green color
- Give the cornstarch solution a good stir and then gradually pour it in while stirring at the same time. The gravy will thicken and bubbling. Transfer to the serving platter and serve immediately
You can use this Store Locator to find out where to buy Ling Ling Asian Food. What is your favorite from Ling Ling Asian Entrees?