This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFreeGoodness #CollectiveBias
These Dairy-Free Avocado Yogurt Waffles are so light and crisp. They are favorites from kids to adult.
We used to sleep in until 9 am (sometimes 10!) on Saturday and Sunday morning. You would probably ask “How about the kids?”. Well, that was BEFORE we had kids. Two kids later, they are our “new” alarm that usually goes off at 6:45 am (no exception on the weekends!). It may sound like our lives have just ended right there with not being able to sleep in on the weekends. Sort of felt that way at the beginning of biological clock adjustment, but now I seriously have a good reason to spring out from the bed (especially on the weekends). The breakfast!
I love having homemade breakfast on the weekends when we actually have time to sit down and eat together. The kids get extremely excited when I say “How about waffles guys?”. A while ago I made some avocado pancakes because I had some overripe avocado that seriously needed to be used or a waste it would be and I hate to waste food. They turned out great and I thought…why not waffles?
Yogurt is another one of our family’s favorite breakfast and snack. I recently tried Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternatives and so glad I did. They taste great and comes in a variety of flavors. I love how smooth and creamy it is. They are great as snacks or used as ingredients in your cooking or baking. Definitely a perfect yogurt alternative for those who are seeking dairy-free yogurt!
It may be dairy-free but it has 6 grams of plant-powered protein per serving. The yogurt is made with no artificial flavors, colors, or any ingredient that make you think “Am I suppose to eat that?”
These Dairy-Free Avocado Yogurt Waffles are so light and crisp. Whipping the egg whites separately certainly contributes to those.
I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.GRAMS TO CUPS CONVERSION (UNSIFTED)
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
- Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Place the egg whites in the mixer bowl and whip on high speed until the egg whites are stiff. About 2 minutes (depending on your mixer)
- Preheat your waffle iron. Place the egg yolks, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir to mix everything. Add in the yogurt and avocado and stir just until combined. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped egg into the batter. Slice down through the middle with your rubber spatula, scoop from the bottom of the bowl, and fold over on top. Repeat until the egg whites and the batter is incorporated. Continue with the next 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter and repeat the process until all are mixed
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in about 3/4 cup (or more) of the batter (amount depends on the size of your waffle iron) into the waffle maker. Close and cook until they are golden brown. Carefully remove from the waffle maker and repeat the process
- Prepare some fresh fruits such as berries, grapes, or whatever you wish in a large platter/bowl. Get some maple syrup and Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. Waffle pieces piling on one large serving platter
- Top the waffles with some fresh fruits and Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. Drizzle in some maple syrup on top and tuck in
Find more #DairyFreeGoodness inspiration here