This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
Mini baked donuts infused with the flavor of real vanilla beans that screams simplicity at its best!
I still remember vividly when the first bakery shop that sold homemade donuts opened up few blocks down our house. I just got my driver’s license not too long and every Friday, after picking my sister up from school, I would drive us to that place to get us a dozen for everyone. Ahh…the little things in life, right?
The kids asked me to make donuts a few months ago. I have yet to attempt making my own traditional fried donuts and honestly, I’m still feeling a little intimidated by it. With the emergence of baked donuts though, that’s another story. Ever since I own mini donuts pan, I’ve made mini baked donuts several times and the family LOVES them!
Aren’t they just so perfect to pop inside your mouth? Not to mention they are really no fuss and no deep-frying involved is always a plus. These vanilla beans mini baked donuts are made with Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer. Besides using it in Coffee, many people probably do not think about using coffee creamer in their recipes, but let me tell you, this Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer is a great ingredient to use in your baking or cooking too.
We can’t have coffee in our house without creamer too. A morning with a perfect cup of Joe!
We like Dunkin’ Donuts® Original Creamer, which is made with skim milk, real sugar, and cream for a lightly sweet touch. It brings out the very best in all your favorite coffees. Another variety I like is Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer is made with real sugar, milk, and cream for a wonderfully rich and smooth taste. The perfect choice for coffee purists.
Another special ingredient I use in this recipe is vanilla bean. Can we all just agree that vanilla beans are one of the best things on earth? I know there are many great high-quality vanilla extracts out there, but vanilla beans are just incredible! The sweet aroma!! I’m sorry, the extract just can’t compare. Something so simple can make your baked donuts extra lavish! These donuts have vanilla beans both in the donuts and the icing.
Please weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.
- 3.5 oz confectioners sugar
- Vanilla beans
- 1 Tbsp Dunkin' Donuts® Original Creamer
- Food coloring - optional
Cinnamon Sugar :
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- Slit the vanilla bean with sharp knife and use the tip of the knife to scrape out the beans. Reserve 1/4 for the icing
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. Place the coconut oil and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth using hand mixer or stand mixer. Add in egg, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla bean and continue to mix until blend in
- Add in a little bit of the flour and then some of the creamer. Alternate the two until they are finished and you get a thick batter. Spoon the batter into the well of your mini donut pan or to make your life easier, use piping bag to fill the well of the donut pan
- Place in the oven, 3rd rack from the top and bake for about 5-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack sat on top of a cookie sheet
Preparing icing & cinnamon sugar:
- Place the sugar, vanilla beans, and creamer in a bowl and stir until it is well mixed. If you plan to make different colors, just portion out the icing and tint with food colorings
- For cinnamon sugar, mix the cinnamon and sugar until they are mixed thoroughly
Icing the donuts:
- Dip one side of the donuts with icing and place on the cooling rack. Coat the warmed donuts with the cinnamon sugar mixture and repeat with the rest of the donuts with icing and/or cinnamon sugar
Of course, the kids think that the donuts are not complete without sprinkles and some of their favorite colors on the icing: pink and green.
I have to agree that they do make things look more cheerful in this rainy Spring weather!
If you are not a big fan of icing, shaking the warm donuts in a bag of cinnamon sugar mixture will sure get your approval!
Find more inspirations for enjoying your coffee or using Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer in your recipe here
What’s your favorite Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee Creamer flavor?