This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HorizonLunch #CollectiveBias
2 Ingredients are all you need to make soft pizza dough that is really no fuss at all. Ready for you to top with any toppings you like! I find it hard to believe, but it’s true!
My daughter got to hang out with her Kindergarten’s girl friends this weekend and she was over the moon. As much as she is enjoying Summer now, I can tell she’s ready to go back to school. She’s unlikely going to be in the same class with some of these girls when she’s going to 1st grade, but she told me “It’s fine mama. I can still see them at school” (She’s ready alright!).
Me on the other hand, sort of ready and not! I guess most of you parents can relate. I have been enjoying “slower” days. Hectic days, activities, and homework are going to be part of my life again pretty soon. Though, I’m going to have more of “me” time when the kids are at school.
I don’t know about yours, but mine always come home from school starving and looking for snacks! I always have Horizon® Yogurt Cup with all different flavors available stocked in our fridge. The kids love to have them straight from the cup for breakfast and snacks too.
I recently found myself making pizza dough so often using yogurt. I love using yogurt in cooking and baking. I made pizza doughs before from scratch but they were much more work. This 2-ingredient pizza dough is going to blow you away and just perfect for that back-to-school season. I was a bit hesitant as it seemed to be too good to be true! But my kids are my honest reviewers when it comes to food. They don’t like to eat the crust of the pizza, but this….this they will eat. My daughter said that the crust was so soft and she just loved eating it.
You just need self-rising flour…
…and yogurt to make this pizza dough! Truly!!
I have been using this pizza dough recipe ever since.
For baking/ kueh making: I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.GRAMS TO CUPS CONVERSION (UNSIFTED)
- 1 1/2 cups (180 gr) Self-rising flour (see recipe notes)
- 6 oz + 2 Tbsp Horizon® yogurt cups
- 6 oz Horizon® yogurt cups
- 1 ripe mango - peeled
- 8 oz large strawberries
- 3 kiwi - peeled
- 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds - optional
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place the flour and yogurt in a large mixing bowl. If you have a stand mixer, attach a dough hook and mix until a smooth non-sticky dough comes together. You may need to add a bit more flour if the dough is too sticky
- I bake this in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet. Shape the dough into a rough circle to fit into the skillet. Pop this into the oven and let it bake for about 12-15 minutes or until it's slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool down before spreading yogurt and toppings on top
- While the pizza dough is baking, you can peel and cut the mango around the stone and then sliced them thinly. Peel the kiwi and cut into thin slice. Remove the leaves from strawberries and cut into thin slice
- Spread the yogurt on top of the pizza, leaving about 1-inch from the side (see recipe notes). Arrange the slices of fruit the way you want it or as shown in photo. Sprinkle with some white sesame seeds for extra nuttiness. No hard and fast rule here. Enjoy
- If you don't have self-rising flour, you can use regular all-purpose flour + 1 1/2 tsp baking powder + 3/4 tsp of salt
- Only prepare as many as you can eat. Leftover fruit slices can be stored in refrigerator and ready to be make into fruit pizza again the next day. The pizza crust can be reheated in microwaves, oven, or toaster oven.
- This dough can also be used for savory pizza too
While in Walmart, don’t forget to stop by the dairy section and pick up some Horizon Yogurt Cup available in 5 amazing flavors: Key Lime, Vanilla, Blueberry, Raspberry, and Strawberry.
This fruit pizza is definitely something that I can feel good about feeding my kids, not to mention super easy to make!