This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThinSlicedChicken #CollectiveBias
The first thing that everyone in this household asks when they walk in that door is “What’s cooking?”. That includes my 2 year-old boy who is busy copying what everyone else is saying around him at this age. I cook for the family on weekdays and so I usually try to plan and do some prep works on the ingredients I need to prepare for the meals the day before or I should probably say when I remember to do so. Not everyday is perfect you see!! How many of you had forgotten to bring those chicken pieces out from the freezer for thawing ? (Me..me..me…!!). Then I have to either come up with something else because every piece of meat I have is frozen or make everyone waits. That and hungry kids are really not a good combination is all I can tell you. Yes…we’ve survived many meals like that !
Then Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts comes into the picture. Seriously, I think that is one of the best things.EVER. Why ? because I can cook them straight from frozen without thawing! Whoa!! Yes, I know ! and because they are thinly sliced, they take less time to cook too. I also love that they are All Natural, with no added hormones or steroids, which are important to me. Each piece of the chicken is individually frozen (remember pieces of chicken stuck together in the freezer and you have to thaw out all of them and you don’t need all ? Eeek…not pretty!) and with freshness sealed in. It’s like these people know what we are struggling with at the kitchen !!!
Thank you for making my life easier and still able to pull off incredible meal like this chicken with asparagus and sweet peppers puff tarts.
Chicken with asparagus and sweet peppers puff tarts (9-inch tart)
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry thawed
- 4 pieces of Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Do not thaw
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil divided
- 5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 5 sweet peppers seeded and diced
- 12 oz of asparagus trimmed about 3-4 inches from the bottom and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 2 extra-large eggs beaten
- ½ cup of whole milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat a large skillet over high heat. Add in 1 Tbsp cooking oil and swirl to coat the skillet. Add in garlic, sweet peppers, and asparagus pieces. Saute for about 30 seconds and then place chicken pieces on top of the vegetables and season with salt and pepper and let them cook until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 170 F. Flip the chicken over during cooking. Remove from the skillet and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into bite-size pieces
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. While letting the chicken to cool down a little bit, unfold the puff pastry and line a 9-inch round pan with it. You can fold down the extra pastry hanging on corners. Use a fork to prick the pastry all over so it won't puff during baking. Get a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs, milk, ricotta cheese, and pinch of salt and whisk until combine. Arrange the chicken pieces on top of the puff pastry followed by the vegetables. Gently pour in the egg mixture into the pastry and put into the oven (3rd rack from the top) and let it bake for 35- 40 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the knife inserted near center comes out clean. It may still look a little bit soft when you just pull it out from the oven. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately.
We definitely eat with our eyes first. The first reactions from the kids were “Mommy…it looks so pretty. Can I try? Can I ?”
Everyone loved this dish so much that I felt like a hero. I can tell you this is so perfect for weeknight meal, brunch or even for special event/celebration.
Now..allow me to enjoy this meal that looks like I put a lot of effort to whip up 😉
The next time you are at Walmart, do yourself a favor and grab Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts with you at the frozen section of Meat & Poultry. You will appreciate how much time you can actually save.