If there is one dessert that I can say almost everyone has in common, it will be an ice cream. Maybe not everyone liking the same flavor, however it’s hard for me to imagine my life without an ice cream. Making an ice cream has become one of my to-do-thing in life. I’ve told myself that I wanted to make my own ice cream in this life.
The thing is, I haven’t owned an ice cream maker yet (at least not at the time I’m typing this post) and I’ve always wanted to get one, but that hasn’t happened yet. This coconut-coated banana ice cream is made without an ice cream maker.
Well, technically, I can say it’s exactly an ice cream. It’s made of frozen bananas and yogurt and then rolled into desiccated coconut and then freeze. This healthy dessert is satisfying though. Enough to curb the cravings for ice cream.
I’m still gonna get the ice cream maker and when that happens, please don’t be surprise to see so many ice cream posts in this blog!!!!
Please weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of using measuring cups as they are not very accurate especially when it comes to recipe that requires precision.
- 6 bananas - (approximately almost 2 lbs), peeled sliced and put into the freezer in sandwich bags at least 6 hours in advance
- 9 oz (250 g) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2-3 handfuls of unsweetened desiccated coconut for coating
- 8 sweet - , crunchy biscuits (optional), for serving
- In a food processor with standard blade attachment, whiz the frozen bananas with yogurt and honey until thick and creamy. Put the desiccated coconut into a large bowl, then take 1 dessertspoon of banana ice cream and roll it in coconut until covered. You may think it will be too soft to do this, however, once you roll it in the coconut, it will get easier. They are not going to be perfectly round, that's okay
- Do this with each scoop putting then into tumblers as you go. Once you've used up all the ice cream, pop the tumblers into the freezer for about an hour or so before serving