Honestly, I have never had cucumber juice before. I like eating cucumber on its own or as complement to other dishes because cucumber is just so refreshing. Most Indonesian foods are spicy and cucumber is always use to “cool down” the heat we get from chili. The other day I saw Sunny Anderson from Food Network making this cucumber juice and I thought…hmm….it looks great and I have some cucumbers overload in the fridge too. She’s talking about how much she was impressed by the juice. She first had it at the restaurant and have been obsessed trying to make it on her own. She finally succeeded. Thank god she did because this juice is so refreshing in this hot summer weather.
- 2 cucumbers
- ¾ cup sugar I cut down a bit, I find it a bit too sweet
- 2 cups of water
- Peel the cucumbers and SAVE THOSE PEELS. Grate the cucumbers
- In a pot, bring sugar and water to a boil. Once the sugar dissolves, add the grated cucumbers. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the cucumber is tender. Remove from the heat and let it cool
- In a blender, puree the cucumber peel and the cucumber syrup mixture until smooth
- Line a strainer with a cheese cloth over a bowl. Strain the mixture
- Chill the juice in a fridge for at least one hour
- When ready to serve, place few cubes of ice in a glass and pour the juice
I love cucumbers too. I am going to try this. I have 3 local cukes in the refrigerator.