Creamy avocado blended with sweet condensed milk and served with drizzles of chocolate syrup and whipped cream.
When it comes to an avocado shake, the Indonesian version of this shake is considered a dessert 🙂 This sweet treat is served in many restaurants throughout Indonesia. Though, of course you can make it “healthier” by a little bit of tweaking here and there (as shown in the recipe). If you are going to try this avocado shake for the first time as a treat, I say go for the real thing 😉 It is really quite a treat. As you know avocado itself is so creamy and thick, drizzled some chocolate sauce on, topped with some whipped cream and sprinkle some chocolates on, there’s no way you can have a bad day really !! except maybe having to share it with someone else 😉 My kids were head over heels on this Indonesian avocado juice. I haven’t had these for at least 10 years I think !! So, I really went all out 🙂
It’s perfect to make this easy treat for someone to celebrate Mother’s Day, or any celebrations really !! I was lucky to be able to enjoy this with my two angels. My little girl made me a necklace (as shown in the photo below, not the best capture) for Mother’s day and I felt like I was in cloud nine. I still am I think !!!!
Indonesian creamy Avocado shake (Jus alpukat) - about 4 servings
- 3 ripe avocados peeled, pitted, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup whole milk/ 2 % milk substitute with nut milk or water for healthier version
- 5 Tbsp condensed milk you can substitute with raw honey/agave nectar for healthier version
- Dairy whipped cream such as Reddi Whip
- Chocolate sprinkle
- Chocolate syrup
Preparing jus alpukat:
- Place the avocados and the rest of the ingredients into the blender and process into a smooth thick beverage. Add a bit more liquid if it's too thick
- You can drizzle the chocolate sauce on the side of the jars or glasses and then pour the avocado shake in. Drizzle with more chocolate sauce. Topped with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkle. Tuck in and be amazed !!