This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
I can’t tell you enough how many times in a DAY my kids would come up to me and asked: “Is it Summer yet?” Seriously, if I have the super power to bring Summer forward, I would! Not only to stop that question being played like a broken record, but I’m a Summer person myself. It can be hot and humid in this part of the country, but I’m so used to that because I grew up in that kind of weather year round. So, I told my kids “It will be Summer soon” and the 5-year old said, “Is it tomorrow?”. I’m DONE with that question!!
They love to play outside and I can’t blame them after what felt like a long winter. It is Spring now and I love seeing the plants and flowers started to bloom. It rains a lot, but to me, it’s the sign that winter is OVER! We love to make some treats in a rainy weather too. Something about watching the rain drizzling outside from the window and we are inside all cozy and making something delicious !! Even better that I don’t even need to bake anything because this easy OREO Cookie Balls recipe is seriously a life saver when you want to make delicious and easy treats for your family. I added some “Summery” flares to them. I always think of ice creams and cake pops when it comes to Summer. They are cooling and colorful! So, that’s how I came up with these OREO Cookie Balls cones and pop sticks.
Follow this recipe for making OREO Cookie Balls below to get started
OREO cookie balls cones and pop sticks (48 OREO cookie balls)
- 1 pkg brick cream cheese 8 oz., softened
- 36 OREO Cookies about 3 cups, finely crushed
- 4 pkg. semi-sweet baking chocolate 4 oz. each, melted
Optional for decorating:
- Multicolor chocolate sprinkles
- Multicolor nonpareils
- 24 mini ice cream cones
- 6 colorful paper straws
To make OREO Cookie Balls:
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy
Optional step for decorating OREO Cookie Balls cones:
- After dipping the OREO cookie balls in the melted white chocolate or chocolate, sprinkle with some multicolor chocolate sprinkles and nonpareils. I dipped some in melted white chocolate and then refrigerate and let them set and dipped again in melted chocolate and sprinkle with multicolor chocolate sprinkles. Refrigerate for 1 hour until the chocolate is set. When ready to serve, you can place them on top of the mini ice cream cones.
Optional step for decoration OREO Cookie Balls pop sticks:
- I cut the paper straws into 4 equal length pieces. You can insert the paper straws after you shape OREO cookie balls into balls and freeze for 10 minutes as mention on the steps above. Then dip in the melted chocolate. On some of then, I drizzled some of the white chocolate with a spoon in a decorative way, then sprinkle with multicolor chocolate sprinkles or nonpareils or combination of both. Refrigerate for 1 hour until the chocolate is set
Isn’t that fun ? They taste so good and not to mention how adorable they are to celebrate Spring and Summer 🙂 Of course, they can be decorated according to what you are celebrating. So, they are really great year-round treats!!
The next time you are at Walmart, grab some OREO at the cookies aisle, Philadelphia Cream Cheese at the dairy section, and semi-sweet baking chocolate at the baking aisle. You’ll be amazed by how easy it is to make OREO cookie balls.
It just makes me happy looking at these adorable treats!!
You can find more inspiration for OREO Cookie Balls here