Chinese New Year Chocolate Cornflakes Clusters (No Bake) – These super easy no-bake Asian Western fusion sweet treats are popular in some parts of Southeast Asia for Chinese New Year celebration. Made with only 3 ingredients!
These No-Bake Chinese New Year Chocolate Cornflakes Clusters is probably one of the easiest Chinese New Year’s sweets I’ve ever made!! Kids love these Chocolate Cornflakes Clusters! I remember liking these as a kid too. Not so much now though as an adult 🙂
All you need are chocolate and cornflakes cereal! It’s very obvious that these aren’t Asian origin 🙂 I’m not sure how it gets so popular as one of the CNY cookies though! Another popular version is the non-chocolate, usually coated with honey.
These are REALLY easy to make! and I know some people make them for Christmas too. I like to wait until the melted chocolate cools down a little bit before I stir in the cornflakes. I find that these really help to keep the cornflakes crispy longer!
The little guy wanted to be included in the photo too!!!!
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, which support this site at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
Chinese New Year Chocolate Cornflakes Clusters (No Bake)
- 1 cup Milk chocolate or dark chocolate about 175 gr
- 1/2 cup cornflakes about 25 gr
- 1 Tbsp chunky or smooth peanut butter optional, about 20 gr
- Nonpareil for decoration
- You can either melt the chocolate in the microwave or use a double boiler. Microwave the chocolate for about 30 seconds. If using a double boiler, melt the chocolate over low heat until it's melted. Stir in the peanut butter and mix
- I wait for about 15-20 minutes until the chocolate is not too hot before I stir in the cornflakes. The cornflakes will stay crispy so much longer this way
- After 20 minutes, stir in the cornflakes until all is coated. Scoop into mini muffin cups, sprinkles with nonpareil and let the chocolate solidify. Keep in an air-tight container. Depending on humidity, but here they can stay crispy for weeks