Spaghetti Fritters is a fried pasta dish. I have never seen or heard of fried spaghetti dishes before. I’ve cooked with Jamie Oliver’s cookbooks such as Happy Days with the Naked Chef and The Naked Chef. I saw Jamie’s Italy cookbook and just picked it up and I knew he wouldn’t disappoint me, and he didn’t.
In this recipe, Jamie Oliver included his favorite ingredients such as chili and Italian key ingredients like Parsley and parmesan cheese. This dish can be altered to suit what you like, you can vary the flavor in different ways, by adding chopped-up tomatoes, olives, anchovies, etc. The fritters should be soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. This is like eating spaghetti in a different way I knew. Delicious!
- 7 oz dried pasta (cooked as per package instruction)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- A handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 handlfuls of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- optional: 2 anchovies, roughly chopped, 1-2 dried chilies (to your taste), crumbled sea salt and freshly ground Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Put all your ingredients, apart from the spaghetti and olive oil, into a bowl and mix together. Add your spaghetti to a pan of salted, boiling water and cook as per package instruction. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse under cold water to cool it down. Once the pasta is cool, snip it with kitchen shears (scissors) into pieces roughly 3 inches long and add them to the bowl. Mix everything well
- Pour a little oil into a pan and place on the heat. Then, using a fork, add piles (as big or as small as you like) of the spaghetti mixture to the pan and fry until golden and crisp on both sides. It’s delicious to fry the fritters in a slightly hotter pan so they become really golden on the edges but are a bit softer and warm inside