Soft and moist banana bread with almond butter and Greek yogurt is so delicious and easy to make. It’s perfect for breakfast and as a snack.
I mean seriously, how many banana quick bread or cake recipes does one need in his/her life? well, I have some that I’ve really liked and posted on this blog such as these:
Gula Melaka Banana Bread
Easy Moist Banana Walnut Mayonnaise Bread
No-Fuss Healthier Soft, Fluffy, and Moist Banana Cake (Using Oil)
This is another one that I really like. It is made with all of my favorite ingredients like almond butter, bananas, and Greek yogurt. The quick bread turns out really moist and flavorful.
Ingredients and substitutions
I use medium-sized egg, which is about 55-58 grams with the shells
2. Almond butter
I use natural almond butter. You can substitute with other nuts or seeds butter of your choice. I have only tried it with peanut butter and sunflower seeds butter.
3. Greek yogurt
I use whole-milk Greek yogurt. You can use low-fat if you prefer. Other dairy-free yogurt like soy yogurt or coconut yogurt can also be used
It is a must to use very overripe bananas here. You know those ugly-looking black bananas ? they make the best banana bread/cake
I use granulated sugar. You can also use brown sugar or coconut sugar
6. Coconut oil
You can also use unsalted butter if you don’t like coconut oil
7. All-purpose flour
All-purpose flour has medium gluten content and it’s suitable for this recipe. You don’t have to use cake flour
8. Baking powder and baking soda
These two are necessary in this recipe and cannot be substituted. They do the heavy lifting to make the bread airy and soft since this bread doesn’t have any yeast
A pinch of salt really makes the overall taste better. I use fine sea salt
10. Vanilla extract
Vanilla always add a nice flavor in a quick bread like this
11. Cinnamon and cardamom
These spices add a nice warm aroma. If you don’t like, you can omit
12. Roasted almond
I like to have a bit of crunch in the crumbs in a moist and soft quick bread like this
13. Turbinado sugar
This is just a topping but it adds a nice texture and contrast to the bread
Almond Butter Banana Yogurt Quick Bread
For topping: (optional)
- Turbinado sugar the amount is up to you
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) for conventional oven, 330 F (165 C) for convection oven
- Grease and line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, overhanging on the sides for easier removal
Prepare the batter:
- Make sure your bananas are really really really (you get the idea!) overripe. The skins of the bananas I used are actually all completely black in color! that's how ripe they were. I know they didn't look appealing, but trust me, the aroma of the bananas shines through this bread and they make the best banana bread!
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together to combine in a large mixing bowl. Set aside
- Whisk all the wet ingredients together to combine in another mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then fold to mix the two until just combined. As long as you no longer see pockets of loose flour, you are done mixing. Don't overmix the batter
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan. Smooth the top. Sprinkle with some turbinado sugar on top
- Place the pan on the middle rack and bake for 60-70 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean with just a bit of crumbs, but it shouldn't be wet. If it is, bake for another 5 minutes and test again
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then gently lift the parchment paper up and place the bread on the cooling rack to let it cool completely before cutting
- They can be served as is
- The bread has to cool down completely before storing. Keep them in an air-tight container at room temperature for about 3 days
- For longer storage, wrap them well with a cling wrap and then place inside freezer bag, push all the air out and seal the freezer bag. They can be kept frozen for up to one month. Simply thaw at room temperature for a few hours before serving. You can also heat it up in the microwave in a burst of 10 seconds or so or until just warm
How to bake almond butter banana yogurt quick bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) for conventional oven, 330 F (165 C) for convection oven. Grease and line 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, overhanging on the sides for easier removal
2. Whisk all the dry ingredients together to combine in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Whisk all the wet ingredients together to combine in another mixing bowl.
3. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and then fold to mix the two until just combined. As long as you no longer see pockets of loose flour, you are done mixing. Don’t overmix the batter
4. Pour the batter into a prepared pan. Smooth the top. Sprinkle with some turbinado sugar on top.
5. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then gently lift the parchment paper up and place the bread on the cooling rack to let it cool completely before cutting
6. They can be served as is
Did you make this almond butter banana yogurt quick bread recipe?
I love it when you guys snap a photo and tag it to show me what you’ve made. Simply tag me @WhatToCookToday #WhatToCookToday on Instagram and I’ll be sure to stop by and take a peek for real!