I got this wonderful cook book “All About Vegetable” from my brother-in-law. I love all the recipes with Vegetables in there. Honestly, I’m not sure what to do with Vegetables most of the time, other than stir-frying it with garlic and some oyster sauce. That gets old really quick. So, this cook book is really my life-saver.
I love how you get both your protein and fiber at the same time. This recipe is a must-try.
- 7 oz 200 g beef (freeze them in freezer for about 15 minutes prior to cooking so you can thinly slice them)
- 1 cup thinly slices onion
- 4 oz enoki mushrooms
- 4 oz choy sum chinese cabbage
- dash of salt
- dash of sugar
- 2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- Cut beef into thin slices. Remove skin and cut onions into thin strips. Trim away the roots of enoki mushrooms. Rinse and drain
- Heat some oil, stir-fry onions and enoki mushrooms briefly, add salt and sugar. Remove
- Place a slice of beef flat, it helps if you have a pestle or use the flat side of a cleaver/knife, and lightly flatten it so it will be thinner. Place onions and enoki mushrooms on the meat, roll up
- Heat some oil, pan-fry beef rolls until fragrant and golden in color. Remove
- Blanch choy sum in boiling water, remove. Transfer to the plate and top with beef rolls
- Drizzle teriyaki sauce on top and serve